I don’t mean to brag, but this is too delightful to keep to myself. Just for fun, I entered five food items in the 2012 Pima County Fair, hoping for (maybe) one blue ribbon. Wow, was I surprised! Here are my entries and the results:
- Rosemary Bread – Blue Ribbon and Best of Class Ribbon
- Blue Corn Mini-Muffins – Blue Ribbon
- Gingersnap Cookies – Blue Ribbon
- Orange Rosemary Jelly – Blue Ribbon
- Tomato Jam – White Ribbon (3rd Place)
It’s the first time I’ve entered a county fair competition or even thought of winning a blue ribbon in anything. I’ve served all these foods to many friends and they have affirmed the yummy-ness (I know, made up word) of each one.
So I know it and they know it. But now it’s “official” – isn’t that what blue ribbons are for?